Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Independent Spirit Awards

The Independent Spirit Awards were today, or as I like to call them "The Pre-Oscar Awards," and I have lots of thoughts about lots of clothes. The awards season is almost over, which gives me the biggest relief, you don't even know. Once this is all over, I think I'm going to pamper myself with a long massage. Seriously, I'm counting down the hours. But for now, I'm smiling and distracting myself with pretty (and not so pretty) gowns. Woo. Hoo.
The fact that, last time I checked, Emmy Rossum (I can't tell you how many times that autocorrected to "Possum." Poor Emmy, life must be rough whilst filing out online forms, etc.) still doesn't use a stylist is beyond me. She knocks it out of the park 99.8% of the time. Nobody's perfect, not even Emmy. But this, this is darling. I want to wear it in a garden while drinking tea and having flowers put in my crown braid... I just painted a very relaxing picture. I want to go to there. 
I heart you Cate, I do not heart this. It just falls flat - physically and fashionably. You know what I mean.
UGH. I love Miles Teller so much it hurts. I even love him in this seemingly burgundy suit. Mm.
I want to be Julianne Moore when I grow up. Only, with different shoes. These are weighing down the outfit and remind me of those heinous black platform sandals everyone (Except me, because I had a good fashionable head on my shoulders. Obviously.) got in middle school. Anyone?!
There's a whole lotta fabric going on here, Olivia Munn...
I have a special place in my heart for Kerry Washington (Since I last blogged, I am now Mother to a kitten named Olivia Pope, after Kerry's "Scandal" character. So there's that...) but I don't know if I love the outfit entirely. It seems too dark and Addams Family-esque for such an occasion.
MOMMMMMMMMM. I'm indifferent about Kristen Wiig's hair and dress, but these Bionda Castana shoes are LIFE. Seriously. I need them on my feet yesterday.
Emma Stone, Queen of Everything. I like this dress and the fact that it managed to make her look even skinnier. She found the secret to flattering waistlines, people. Is there anything she can't do?! (Oh yeah, make me like "Birdman." I wish I did, but I really, really, really didn't.)
This hurts me on a personal level. I love Kristen Bell as if she were my own best friend (In my dreams...) but this is not something I can get behind. I'm sorry. Even the dress seems confused as to what's going on. Such a travesty. (Not really, I just like that word.)
(Images via Zimbio)

No comments:

Post a Comment