Monday, November 21, 2011

American Music Awards 2011

(Disclaimer: I'm not feeling particularly sassy today, so if you were really looking forward to me hating on Christina Aguilera (More on that later, my gosh) or J.Lo's outfits from last night, the sass will be at a minimum for I am oh, so very tired. I apologize in advance. I also apologize for trying to sound like I have a lot of fans who sit and wait for my posts. I mean, let's be honest, it makes me feel a little special when I pretend). Okay, you know I hate music awards. A lot. I appreciate and respect the individual creativity of each artist, but at the same time, I kind of hate it. I mean, I can only roll my eyes enough times before they get stuck that way. You know? It could be a problem.
I'm not going to lie. At first I hated Katy Perry's entire ensemble from her hair to her Vivienne Westwood gown. Thankfully, I have warmed up to it. I actually think I am okay with her dress. And while I continuously appreciate her themed outfits, I don't love her hair. The dirty blonde is starting to creep through and ruin the pink in her hair. But I mean, she pulls it off and that makes me mad. Mad because I know I could never pull off pink hair. Never in 1 million years.
When I first heard that Nicki Minaj wore Oscar de la Renta, my heart dropped. I thought to myself "LORD HELP US. Please don't let her ruin one of my favorite pieces from the collection." I can proudly say, I take that all back. She actually pulled it off. Of course she chose the fiercest one, not my favorite yellow one, but I mean, she's working it and I'm not (Well, not anymore) complaining.
Oh. Taylor Swift. You know I adore you, I do, I really seriously do. But I am going to ask you one more time to PLEASE step out of the box. If only for an event or two (Or three, or four...) I mean, I knew what you were going to wear before I even saw you on the red carpet. I think everyone did. It's just predictable. You're fun and young (I feel snobby telling someone my age that they're young. My apologizes, T. Swift, but it's for your own good.) so live it up, girl. Don't play it safe now and THEN go crazy when you're divorced with children. Yeah, that was directed towards you, Jennifer Lopez.
I don't like Selena Gomez's Giorgio Armani gown as much as I'd like to. I don't hate Justin Bieber's hair as much as I should. I do hate his suit though. Is that, ahem, velvet, Biebs?
You know, I am quite impressed with Julie Bowen right now. This may or may not be my favorite look of the night. I'm telling you, I didn't have much to work with here, people.
My boyfriend has become REAL awkward on the red carpet as of late. He looks like a Ken doll. See, Ken? This is why no one played with you. Because you are awkward. Also, I'm disappointed because he had the perfect opportunity to wear a suit and he wore... This.
Oh, J.Lo. You tryin' too hard, gurl. I'm just not so in love with this Zuhair Murad gown.
I mean, Heidi Klum. You should KNOW better. You are a model. And a TV host. And a Mom. But most importantly, a model. The styling of this entire outfit is off putting. Off putting. That's a thing, right?
Why was Katherine Heigl there? You know, I have a theory. If you get invited to be a presenter at a random awards show, people are going to ask "Why is ____ there?" so you better hope your stylist goes all out with you. You want to MAKE them notice you. This? This is unnoticeable and boring.
Oh no, Adam Lambert. Stop it. I like shiny fabrics/colors when they are on jewelry, scarves, shoes, accessories. But an entire outfit? No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment