Friday, October 28, 2011

Bloody Brilliant Nails

Okay. I don't like Halloween. Costume shops scare me, I loathe blood, the smell of scary masks of zombies or old presidents makes me nauseous and due to the fact I can't go trick-or-treating anymore it seems pointless. And plus, due to the fact that I don't go to real college and/or drink I don't get invited to Halloween parties, so naturally, it sucks. BUT I do kind of love these bloody nails featured on Refinery29. They are a little bit amazing and they don't look that hard to accomplish. Shall we?
Bloody brilliant, no?
First, you paint your nails white (I recommend two coats considering white is transparent and no one likes transparent painted nails.) and then they instruct you to tape around your nails in order to save your fingers from looking like you murdered someone after the next step.
After you tape your nails, take a straw and dip it in the red nail polish and splatter away. This part looks fun. I recommend picking up a Sally Hansen "No More Mistakes" Manicure Clean-Up Pen. It's about $4, available at Target, and honestly a miracle worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment