Friday, September 23, 2011

Prada RTW Spring 2012

Miuccia Prada went all out for her Ready-to-Wear Spring 2012 collection. She described the line in one word, "sweetness." I'm not sure it's just sweet, but it is interesting. It's more of a rocker sweet. And that's big considering I don't like the word "rocker." It's weird. But the collection has a huge 1950s influence, which I appreciate, but for some reason the cheesy car printed jackets remind me of Ryan Gosling's scorpion jacket in "Drive." While I'm not crazy about this collection, I do like some select pieces. These could make some pretty great appearances in editorials, no? Also, we need to talk about these shoes because they are kind of amazing. And by kind of amazing, I mean I want them. Oh, AND I hate the models' hair.
I hate that I really like this bathing suit paired with a jacket and a belt. It's weird, but not unsettlingly weird.
RIGHT? I spy with my little eye a resemblance...
I kind of love this pairing.
I like this but the cut of the top is just too high. Also, I need a closer look at the bag because I think I might love it.
The print is really cute on this dress. And I'm not going to lie, I initially though the print was from a Dr. Seuss book. If you look at it from far away, with your eyes squinted...
I love this. I love this so.
(Via Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment