Friday, September 30, 2011

Christian Dior Spring 2012 RTW

I am actually having slight heart attacks over here thanks to the Christian Dior Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection. Is it just me or does Paris fashion week seem to be winning oh, everything? Maybe it's because Paris is, rumor has it, more romantic or something. Either way, I am dying because despite all the gossip Dior has been picking up lately, Bill Gaytten worked Dior magic. I'm glad WWD agrees with me when I say there is no particular theme, but in my mind, it somehow all manages to flow one way or another. It's feminine and very appropriate for Spring. I'm telling you, having Spring collections in the transition into my favorite season is not very helpful. I want pretty boots and cozy scarves, dang it. Not pretty skirts and floral patterns! But the transformation from light and feminine to evening wear has my heart happy regardless of what other people are saying.
I can't exactly pinpoint why, but I am a little bit in love with this entire outfit. It's gorgeous.
As awkward as this transition piece is, I love it a little bit.
I like the vintage-y vibe I am picking up from these. I SWEAR I am really an 80 year old woman trapped inside a beautiful, talented, sophisticated (Oh, whoops. I just went on a tangent didn't I?) 21 year old. I live for these silhouettes and accessories.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.
(Via WWD & Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment